|SENIT – DfE hosted forum to support teachers, advisers, and others working within education, to share practical advice about how ICT can be used to support pupils with learning difficulties or disabilities.|
SENIT is a mailing list for teachers, advisers, and others working within education to discuss issues and share practical advice about how ICT can be used to support pupils with learning difficulties or disabilities.
To post a message to all the list members, send email to email@example.com.
By emailing and/or subscribing to the SENIT mailing list, you agree to follow the Department for Education's acceptable use policy and following guidelines established by this forum:
- Ensure that messages are relevant to the purpose of the list, which is to share practical advice about how Information and Communications Technology can be used to support learners with special educational needs.
- Keep messages short and to the point.
- Express opinions with courtesy.
- Be aware of copyright and libel issues. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the responsibility of those who post them.
- Be professional and careful about what you say about others - email is easily forwarded.
- Don't include personal or confidential information.
- Always include a pertinent subject title.
- Focus on one subject per message.
- The SENIT list has been set up so that replies go automatically to everyone on the list. This has been done so that information can be shared more openly. Have consideration for other members and do not send personal replies to the whole list. If your reply is not appropriate to the whole membership, change the address from SENIT to that of the person you want to contact.
- Identify yourself in each message with your name and position.
- If you have a commercial interest in the subject, declare it.
- Consider including a 'disclaimer' if you are writing in a personal context e.g. These are my personal views and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.
- Do not use the list for direct advertising of courses and products - notices of this type should be sent to one of the list owners at firstname.lastname@example.org who will then collate them and send them out as a group.
- If you change your e-mail address, subscribe again from your new address and unsubscribe from your old one. Please ensure you read the above before signing up. Anyone not following this policy may have their email deleted and be removed from the mailing list if a registered user.You can subscribe to the list, or change your existing subscription, in the sections below.
|Subscribing to SENIT|
Subscribe to SENIT by filling out the following form. This is a hidden list, which means that the list of members is available only to the list administrator. SENIT is reactively moderated in line with acceptable use policy and guidelines above. The details you provide on the registration form will be used only to supply you with the services you have selected. These details will be collected via email and stored electronically in a database in accordance with the current data protection legislation and as set out in the DfE privacy and data protection statement. You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the list of members is available only to the list administrator.